Friday, March 12, 2010

My hair is out of control! I use a ceramic flat iron to keep it from curling?

%26amp; a blow dryer with a round brush to keep it from getting frizzy, but it ALWAYS seems to go right back to the way it was even before I washed it! Wavy, frizzy, poofy, out of control! I've tried all kinds of straightening shampoos %26amp; conditioners...%26amp; NOTHING! not to mention my hair is short, so that makes it look even worse! Help!My hair is out of control! I use a ceramic flat iron to keep it from curling?
Hi, I actually read this really good article about it, you'll find more useful information there I'm sure:


http://www.carefair.com/Hair-and-Nails/H鈥?/a>My hair is out of control! I use a ceramic flat iron to keep it from curling?
I have the SAME problem as you, but don't fret here's some ideas.





You can pop in to your local stylist and ask a question, or just come in for a hair cut and ask for tips. One look that I think looks great is if you blow dry your hair (never straighten it, it is really bad for your hair) and then using a two inch curling iron (or a smaller one for tighter curls) make ringlets. Then rub your fingers through your hair and you get loose waves. It takes about half an hour to do and looks great, keeping your hair looking curly, but not frizzy and yuck.





Here are some great shampoos to use if you want to keep your curly hair frizz-free and shining. have really curly hair and really like sunsilk brand, especially the green line. I use all 3 of the green line products, and once a week I use the pink mouse (it comes in a little tub). It is completely non-greasy and doesn't make your hair feel greasy, but it keeps your curls non frizzy. If your hair is more wavy then curly, I'd use the blue line, but the same thing with the pink tub. These products are available at almost all drug stores. CVS, most major Markets, etc. Easy to buy, and about 5 dollars per bottle. If you need to get rid of frizz, I'd recommend it.





Also, don't cut your hair shorter, let it grow longer. The extra weight of your hair will weight it down. I've gone down that route and it just makes it poofy. However, most importantly, make sure you embrace your curly hair. There aren't enough of us out there!
what does everyone have against curls and poof?
Heat can make all that worse. Sounds like damage to me.


Lay off the heat and just condition condition condition and considering in investing in a permanant straightening process at ur salon.
for frizziness try using a serum to put in your hair before straightening it. from all the heat and styling, sounds like your just frying your hair. a good serum is paul mitchells super skinny serum. it makes your hair really shiny and straight and it smells good too :)
yeah i know what you mean i had that problem but i started use different kind of shampoo.....or cut your hair.....i learned that sometimes when it just starts frizzing all a sadden is because slip ends.....i know it suck es and is embarrassing
I have the same issue... if you are in an area with high humidity, you may as well just give up. Or deal with the frizziness, etc. for 1 day and then on the days to follow it will stay straight until you wash it again. I don't know how thick your hair is, but mine is very thick so only wash it every 5 days (I am white).. And let me tell you it gets nicer and flatter and straighter each dirty day that goes by!





Anyway, I had this same problem and it really is all about the products you use. For shampoo and conditioner it doesn't really matter, just make sure you are getting one that deeply conditions your hair because it gets really damaged straightening it.





Then on towel dried hair, you use a blow serum. I love the KIWI line by Loreal. It runs about $10-$15 a product, but it is way worth it!! After it is blown dry, use a serum on your hair like Redken Heat Glide. Then after running the flat iron through it (and you should have a nice one like a Chi..it's expensive for a reason! cause it works!! if you don't want to spend the $150 at the store, buy one off ebay--i got mine there for $60), put a finishing serum in it. I use blow silk by KIWI, but you could use the Biolage Thermasilk or whatever. I am sure this will work for you cause it does for me! Good luck!
why don't u buy a hair protection from iron


u could buy it from anywhere and its not even that expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment